Sunday, November 14, 2010

KITE RUNNER part three

The end of this movie was a climax I did not expect.  I did not for a second think that Hassan and Amir could be brothers.  My stomach jumped like I was on a roller coaster when I heard this.  Props to the writers.  Good plot.

I thought it was sweet that Amir dedicated that book to Rahim.  It shows the softer side of Amir.  Amir often hides his emotions so you have to look closely to watch them come out. 

Hassan's letter to Amir almost made me cry.  Hassan was such a wonderful person.  It was truly sad to hear that he died, but I figured he would.  After all, he was not the protagonist.  Hassan had such thoughtful and loving wishes, and said Amir would always have an old faithful friend waiting for him.  Man did that touch my heart.  After reading this Amir must have known that he had to save his nephew.  Sometimes it takes something this sad and powerful to get a person to do the right thing.

The Taliban ruling Afghanistan is sick.  I feel for the people there, although I can't really empathize because we in America don't have to deal with that kind of stuff.  And they think God wants them to kill those that sin.  I almost cried again, for that woman, and all I could think of was, in the Gospels, how Jesus stops the Jews from stoning that woman, or rather He says, "“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”  Regardless of what people believe, I cannot imagine anyone thinking it is okay to take another life like this.  People literally make me sick.  This whole movie made me sick and shameful to even be a human being.

In other news...

*SIGH*

My heart broke for Amir during the last part of the movie.  I got back on his side, and rooted for him to win.  Sometimes authors do that.  They will have you dislike the protagonist, only to make you love him at the end.  It's truly an art.  So Amir finally follows in his father's foot steps and stands up for what is right and good.  I didn't think they would really escape from the Taliban, but they did.  The fight was expected, but I didn't expect Assif! Nor did I expect Hassan's son to use his old sling shot and blind him.  So gross, but totally awesome.  The ending didn't set well with me though, because it was like everything is alright now, happily ever after, when clearly that wasn't the case.  That kid was so messed up he will never be right in the head, but I guess he has Amir, an uncle to love him no matter what.  A more realistic ending I guess, instead of one like a fairy tale.  What a messed up movie.  Good, but messed up.


Until next time,

Keri Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment